Watch how to submit a video to the Junior Online Finals or the Online Qualifiers.
1. Sign up
Only teachers may sign up for an account with us.
If you are a teacher and you don’t have a teacher account with us yet, create one here.
- a computer with access to the Internet
- each student’s name, grade, and contact email address
- a digital copy of each student’s signed permission form
- the titles of the poems
- the recitation videos
- Log in.
- Click “Submit entries now”, also located in the top menu.
- Choose a prize stream.
- Complete all required fields.
- Upload the student’s signed permission form.
- Fill in poem titles, in order of recitation.
- Click “Upload” next to the first poem title. Be sure to upload the correct video. Failure to do so may lead to disqualification. Keep the upload window open until upload is complete.
- Repeat step 7 for the second poem.
If your school is competing in more than one prize stream, repeat steps 1-8 for each competitor.
- Our system uses YouTube to upload videos; however, do not upload your video directly to YouTube. Upload it by following the steps above.
- To ensure your video will be properly processed, please follow YouTube’s recommended guidelines. Video upload times will depend on the speed of your internet connection and the size of your video files. You may consider compressing your videos prior to upload.
- After uploading, please note that YouTube may take some time to process your video.
- Once upload is complete, click "Watch" to ensure that the video plays back correctly and is associated with the correct poem title.
- When a senior student in the English Stream or the French Stream advances to the National Finals, they wil be asked to memorize and recite a third poem. One of their poems must have 25 lines or fewer. recite the same poems in the same order.
- A student may only compete in one stream in a given year.