Watch our Livestream here!
Watch the English Qualifiers:
Watch the French & Bilingual Qualifiers:
Watch the 2018 Qualifiers and use the lesson plan below to host an exciting viewing party for your students!
As Canada's top reciters perform on the national stage, your students will cheer them on and choose their favourites.
Whether your students are new to recitation or are veterans of the Poetry In Voice contest, a Qualifiers Viewing Party is a great way for your students to watch excellent recitations and discuss poetry and performance.
If you decide to use Lessons 2 & 3 below, your party can be a springboard for a fresh exploration of our online anthology and our library of recitation videos.
In this lesson, students will have opportunities to:
- Listen to a range of classic and contemporary poems shared aloud
- Observe a variety of recitation styles and techniques
- Read poems in our anthology
- Scoring rubric for each student (either a hard copy or a digital copy)
- Evaluation sheet projected or recreated on the board
- Computer with internet access and projector
- 2018 English Qualifiers recitation order or 2018 French & Bilingual Qualifiers recitation order
- Viewing Party sheet for each student
- Internet access for all students