This year, all schools across Canada can participate in our Online Team Regionals.
How to participate in the team competition:
- Identify three students who will each recite a different poem from our English anthology
- Ask them to upload their recitation video to YouTube
- Collect their YouTube links and permission forms
- Fill in our Online Team Regional Form with your students' information by Thursday, April 7 @ 5 PM (PST)
Don’t forget one of the benefits of the online format is all schools have the opportunity to enter up to three teams: an English team, a French Team and a Bilingual team (your French and English team together form an Bilingual team, you do not need to submit a separate team).
Students reciting poems in french will be choosing from our french anthology.
To prepare for a Team Regional event, three students are chosen to represent their school (often, these are students who placed well in their school contest or even their classroom contest). Each student selects one poem to recite and the team works to make each recitation the best it can be. A school can put together a team of three reciters in English, a team of three reciters in French, or two teams (one in each language).
Students, please refer to our Rules & Deadlines page for a complete list of our general contest rules and those that apply specifically to the Team Regionals.
Students recite individually, and the three schools with the highest combined score win prizes:
- 1st prize: $100 for each student
- 2nd prize: $60 for each student
- 3rd prize: $40 for each student