Here are some simple ways to increase awareness of Poetry In Voice, as well as to share your students' achievements with the community at large.
In your school
- Post a “save the date” notice on the school calendar and on bulletin boards throughout the school.
- Send a notice announcing classroom champions to the school website/newsletter/TV show.
- Publicize the school-wide competition on the school website and in the school newspaper.
- Write an article about the school-wide contest for your school newsletter.
- Announce classroom winners and the school-wide competition in the daily PA broadcast or at assemblies.
Please send us photos and the appropriate release forms, which can be downloaded here.
In your community
- Invite your local newspaper to the school-wide competition.
- After the event, send the local newspaper a follow-up press release highlighting the contest, along with a photo of your “poetry champions.”
Our sample press releases can be adapted to your needs.