Charitable registration #: 816009856 RR 0001
Poetry In Voice/Les voix de la poésie is a registered charity that is ensuring all Canadians speak the language of poetry. To achieve this, we are striving to become the essential resource for teaching and learning poetry in Canada — and beyond.
We provide educators with engaging content and experiences, in English and French, to inspire their students to read, recite, and write poetry:
- English and French online anthologies of classic and contemporary poetry
- student recitation competitions, where over $75,000 in travel and prizes are awarded annually
- VOICES/VOIX, a student poetry journal
- Poet In Class/Poètes à l’école program
- comprehensive teaching materials in English and French
Everything we offer is free of cost.
Poetry In Voice/Les voix de la poésie was founded in 2010 by Scott and Krystyne Griffin, along with Founding Director Damian Rogers, who edited our English anthology; our French anthology was edited by poet and professor Pierre Nepveu. What started as a recitation contest with 12 Ontario schools has grown to become a cultural force in Canada. Read about our growth and impact.
We acknowledge the support of the Canada Council for the Arts.
We are also deeply grateful to our network of over 120 poets and our literary partners, who are working with us to ensure poetry is in the air, from coast to coast to coast:
- ELAN ArtEd
- The Griffin Poetry Prize
- Governor General's Literary Awards
- Blue Metropolis Bleu
- East End Arts (Toronto)
- Eden Mills Writers' Festival
- Edmonton Poetry Festival
- Festival Dans ta tête
- Festival de la poésie de Montréal
- Kingston WritersFest
- League of Canadian Poets
- Ottawa International Writers Festival
- Quebec Writers' Federation
- Tout à coup la poésie
- Vancouver Writers Fest
- Winnipeg International Writers Festival / Festival international des écrivains de Winnipeg
- WordsFest (London)