The Poetry In Voice semifinals are held online to allow schools from all over Canada equal access to the competition. The top-scoring semifinalists travel to the National Finals, held every year in the spring in a different Canadian city, and compete for over $25,000 in awards and school stipends.
Here’s how the Online Semifinals work:
- Teachers sign up for the 2014 competition. Each school champion’s recitations are filmed, one video per poem.
- Teachers log in to their account to upload each competitor’s videos and permission form before our deadline.
- Our judges evaluate all of the recitations.
- Winners and their teachers are first contacted by email, then their names are announced on our website.
- We strongly encourage all teachers to review the How to film a recitation and How to upload a video sections of our website before filming student recitations. These sections contain everything you need to know about participating in the Online Semifinals.
If you have any questions or need assistance, contact David Smith, our Technical Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 24 hours for a response.